It’s very frustrating that many software companies do not just let us download their software setup packages and just install by ourselves offline. They always require us to get “the downloader” which later download the same package file from the website. I know that’s good for general users who may not know the correct version of software for their OSes. That’s not cool at all especially for any IT supports who want to do install for all at once.
Here are a collection of offline software installer for Windows.
::Google Chrome Offline Installer
You may download Google Chrome Offline/Standalone/Full Installer from either of these.
[ 1 ] Download from the Google download page.
[ 2 ] Download from direct file link.
- Direct File Link Pattern :
- http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/<VERSION NUMBER>/chrome_installer.exe
- For example, 13.0.782.215. –> version number = 782.215 –> And the link would be http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/782.215/chrome_installer.exe
- You can find the latest stable version of Google Chrome here : http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Stable%20updates
- If you wanna try beta version, you can find it here: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Beta%20updates
:: Adobe Reader X Offline Installer
The best way to download Adobe Reader is to download from FTP.
- Windows: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/
- Mac: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/10.x/
For the latest version 10.1.0 (Aug 25,11) is
- Windows (.exe) : ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.0/en_US/AdbeRdr1010_en_US.exe
- Windows (.msi): ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.0/en_US/AdbeRdr1010_en_US.msi
- Mac: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/10.x/10.1.0/en_US/AdbeRdr1010_en_US.dmg
:: Adobe Flash Player Offline Installer
- For Internet Explorer
- .msi : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi
- For Firefox and others
- In case of “fpdownload.macromedia.com” doesn’t work, you may change the links above to just “download.macromedia.com”
- For ones who don’t know “Macromedia”, Macromedia is the company originally developing “Flash Player”. This company later was bought by Adobe. The well known Macromedia products were Flash, Flash Player, Shockwave, Dreamweaver and ColdFusion. But I don’t know why Adobe still uses Macromedia server to store its files.
:: Skype Offline Installer
- [ 1 ] Download Skype full for Windows (Stable, MSI installer)
- [ 2 ] Download Skype full for Windows or here (Stable, EXE installer)
- [ 3 ] Download Skype full for Windows (Latest beta, EXE installer)
- [ 4 ] Softpedia’s Skype full Download page
- Credit : http://www.techgainer.com/download-skype-windows-full-offline-installer/
:: Windows Live Messenger Offline Installer
Windows Live Essential 2011
- English: http://g.live.com/1rewlive4-all/en/wlsetup-all.exe
- Thai: http://g.live.com/1rewlive4-all/th/wlsetup-all.exe
- Credit: http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-live-essentials-with-messenger-2011-final-full-version-offline-installer/
Windows Live Essential 2009 (14.0.8117.416) (Latest version supported in XP)
- English: http://g.live.com/1rewlive3/en/wlsetup-all.exe
- Thai: http://g.live.com/1rewlive3/th/wlsetup-all.exe
- Credit: http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-live-essentials-messenger-version-2009-for-windows-7/
:: Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
To download offline version, you may go to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp, instead of clicking “Free Java Download” button.