The 4 most important shortcut keys
- [Win] + x = Admin menu (Control Panel, Device Manager, Cmd, and stuff)
- [Win] + i = Settings (including Shutdown)
- [Win] + c = Charm
- [Win] + e = Windows Explorer
Switch between apps / modes
- [Win] + Tab = Switch between Metro apps (Desktop mode is now a Metro app)
- [Alt] + Tab = Switch between all apps (Metro apps, Desktop apps)
- [Win] + D = Switch back to Desktop mode / Show desktop
2nd screen / Projector
- [Win] + P = 2nd screen setting
Don’t know what to do with your life
- Move your mouse pointer to any corner of screen
- [Win] + Type what you want
NOTE #1 : Metro vs Desktop / Mode vs App
Windows 8 has 2 types of modes
- Metro Mode : the full screen for full screen apps
- Desktop Mode : the Windows desktop that you have been familiar with since Windows NT.
So, there are 2 types of apps, I would call them
- Metro App : any full screen app outside Desktop mode, and not listed in taskbar.
- Desktop App : any Windows app (“Win32” app) that you are familiar with. normally listed in taskbar, while running.
NOTE #2 : UI Name : Metro = Modern = new Win = Win 8
NOTE #3 : Be prepared for life w/o Start menu. And more typing.
[# Shortcut คีย์ที่จะทำให้คุณรอดตายกับ Windows 8]